Saturday 30 June 2018

June Wrap-Up.

Honestly, I had great intentions of reading more this month but life got in the way a bit. It has been a stressful month for Mat and I, but hopefully July will be better for us (and my TBR)!




  1. 'Out Of The Blue' by Sophie Cameron. I really enjoyed this book, and it was definitely my favourite read of the month. I loved the inclusion of angels and the world-building surrounding the reaction to them falling, as well as the emotions and themes covered in this story! A diverse read, a little different to any angel story I've read before. 4.5/5 Stars.
  2. 'Warrior Witch' by Danielle L. Jensen. There's an element of relief that comes with finishing a series, especially when you've accidentally dragged it out over a long period of time. I have to say, that this book disappointed me though. The OTP that I fell in love with was unrecognisable and barely together, the ending was a total cop-out and I just felt it should have been far more dramatic than it was. 2.5/5 Stars.
  3. 'The Good Guys' by Rob Kemp & Paul Blow. I was originally skeptical of the premise of a book about the great deeds of men, but wanted to learn something and I definitely did. This book didn't look at bloodthirsty battles or great discoveries. It looked at acts of compassion, which is rarely a trait found in the celebration of men. I liked it just for that. 3.5/5 Stars.
  4. 'Floored' by Various. A great way to end the month, that's for sure. I really enjoyed this book and I'm glad because it was an anticipated read of mine. Seven authors writing seven character POVs is no small feat, and it was accomplished well, watching the interactions between characters was fun. Also, Hugo is my new guilty pleasure. 4/5 Stars.

This month I read one book for the Beat The Backlist Challenge, making my yearly total so far sixteen.

- Warrior Witch



This month I read one book for the Finishing The Series Challenge, making my yearly total so far one.

- Warrior Witch








I read three books for the New Release Challenge, making my yearly total so far eight.

- Out Of The Blue
- The Good Guys
- Floored







I read three books for the Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, making my yearly total so far fourteen.

- Out Of The Blue
- The Good Guys
- Floored


Here is the result for Pretty Deadly Blog's Bookish Bingo card.


A Book You've Been Putting Off: Warrior Witch; Danielle L. Jensen
Illustrations: The Good Guys; Rob Kemp & Paul Blow
Yellow Cover: Floored; Various
Freebie: --
Someone Else Picks For You: Out Of The Blue; Sophie Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment