Sunday 17 May 2015

My 22nd Birthday Haul!

I don't plan on doing my post on my two week hiatus until  tomorrow, so instead I'll settle for telling you all about the Birthday bits that I received both on my Birthday and today when my parents came to visit and drop the rest off. I of course took a picture to give you all a taste of my haul, and I'll explain in more detail after!


I trust that most of you will probably have looked straight at the books, but I'll list everything in case you're interested! So obviously my first presents came from my wonderful partner Mat who as you all know, took me to Paris as a Birthday treat. While we were there however, he surprised me on my actual Birthday with something I didn't expect. A trip to Disneyland! Most of you might not know how special this is to me, but I have never been in my life and have always adored Disney/wished to go. My wish finally came true! The tickets came with a little toy Lady whom I adore. Just before we left Paris, Mat also took me shopping and bought me a few cosmetic/beauty bits and a beautiful Michael Kors rose gold watch, which is something I have been wanting for a very long time. My whole time in Paris was one of the best things I could have asked for and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Upon returning home, I had a lovely box of 'Happy Birthday' chocolates waiting for me from my two lovely flat mates, Meg & Tash. Chocolate is actually the love of my life so they definitely made a good choice there! The rest of the presents I received when my parents came up. Most of my family outside my parents and sister gave me money. The books however, came from my close family. Book-wise, I received:
  • 'The Sin Eater's Daughter' by Melinda Salisbury
  • 'Bitter Greens' by Kate Forsyth
  • 'More Than This' by Patrick Ness
  • 'The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure For Writers' by Christopher Vogler
The first three are fiction books I have been after for a very long time (or at least, as soon as I heard of them, and I am so pleased to finally receive them! Thy all look so good and I look forward to hopefully finding three new authors to love! As for the last one,it is a non-fiction book I have been interested in reading for quite a while. Mythology has always fascinated me and it's influence on writing is sure to be an intriguing topic that I would like to know more on.

My sister, as well as two of the books, bought me whole host of 'Frozen' related bits (Top Trumps cards, a poster, a tumbler, a mug, a notebook and pens, stickers, key rings, etc.) because I absolutely adore that movie. It ended up having a bit of a Disney theme all in all and I was ultra pleased with all of my presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment