Sunday 5 October 2014

The Reading Tag!


I am so sorry Amy (That Hypermobile Girl) for taking so flipping long to do this! Seriously guys, she tagged me way back in July I think, and I have no real excuses as to why it actually did take me so long. Never mind though, time to get started.

1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I don't really no, I like to read in bed. Or on the Sofa. There isn't a special reading area for me, but I have to be comfortable!

2) Bookmarks or random pieces of paper?

Definitely the latter, though I wish I could say that I used Bookmarks more. I have plenty of them, they just never seem to be around when I want to mark a page! I end up grabbing whatever spare bit of paper, post-it note, old train ticket etc. that I can find!

3) Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a certain number of pages/chapter?

Hmmm. I can just stop reading but I don't like to if I can possibly help it. I try to reach the end of a chapter because it feels right. If I'm on the Tube or Train though, I sometimes have to just stop, and I do (even though it really annoys me).

4) Books you're currently reading?

I only like to read one book at a time, so currently, 'Under Fishbone Clouds' by Sam Meekings. After that, I plan to get onto 'Witch Of Salt & Storm' by Kendall Kulper.

5) Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?

I have been known to do that yes. I find it easier to listen to music as noise doesn't distract me as much as moving images in the corner of my eye.

6) One book at a time or several at once?

Normally, as I said, I read one book at a time. It's easier to focus that way. I have found though, with intimidating, long books, that I might like to break them up a bit with another read.

7) Reading at home or everywhere?

Definitely everywhere. I read at home, on the Tube, the train, at other people's houses, if I'm waiting for something, etc. Anywhere that I can possibly read, I will (without being rude that is).

8) Favourite book?

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

9) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

I like looking at new books but to be honest, if the spine breaks then I don't get overly upset. I don't like really worn looking books as much though.

10) Do you write in your books?

Nope! Never! The idea is just absurd to me. My teachers used to encourage me to in school copies, but I used post-it notes. I couldn't stand it!

11) Do you eat or drink while reading?

Yeah, all the time. I'm quite a messy eater too, but I try to be careful around the books. I'd hate to get them grubby!

12) Reading loudly or silently in your head?

I always read silently in my head, unless I'm reading for analysis (like I used to in English). Then I read aloud to make sure I don't skim anything.

13) Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?

I used to be one of those awful people that reads the last page to see of my favourite characters were still alive. Those days are over now, I don't like to do that!

My Tags:
Valerie from Innocent Smiley Reviews
Chrissi from Chrissi Reads
Mel from The Daily Prophecy
Julia from Books, Babies and Boredom

No comments:

Post a Comment