Monday 1 February 2016

Last Week's Shenanigans (25th January - 31st January)...

This week marked another full week at work but I did manage to squeeze in a couple of extra bits and bobs to do around shifts. Firstly, on Wednesday evening Mat and I went to watch The Hateful Eight at the cinema. All in all it was a pretty enjoyable film with a lot of hilarious moments. One thing I will say however is that it is incredibly long. Some of the conversations could have been edited/left on the cutting room floor but I will grant that doing that would have changed the tense atmosphere considerably. The acting for a few of the characters felt a little iffy at first but grew as the film progressed (notably, Samuel L. Jackson did a stirling job throughout). Ennio Morricone's soundtrack provided a repetitive but catchy theme to accompany the film's events and the pacing at the end improved considerably. A gory but great evening's watch.

Yesterday, Mat's family came to visit as we both had a day off and we decided to head to Brick Lane for the day and peruse the market there. I've been in that area a couple of times since moving to London and while it doesn't necessarily warrant an entire day's outing it's worth a look for some truly urban treasures. The street art is pretty phenomenal and changes constantly, and the men standing outside the curry houses tempting you with offers are amusing to say the least. This was the first time seeing the market itself, and I loved it! There was a lot of old rubbish to be sure, but I could definitely see my self getting carried away if I wasn't careful. My longing for a record player has definitely increased too after seeing some of the gorgeous records for so cheap!

I Read:


Note: I read 'A Study In Scarlet' from 'The Complete Sherlock Holmes, not the whole book.

I Received:

--

I Posted:

January Wrap-Up

Memes:

Top Ten Tuesday: Things I Would Like To See More Of In YA

No comments:

Post a Comment