Monday 16 March 2015

Fantasy Favourites Readathon Sign-Up Post!


A few of you might be aware of this if you check my Goodreads activity, but otherwise you are probably oblivious to the fact that I have signed up to yet another Readathon! This one is hosted by Olivia's Catastrophe and Bookshelf Reflections and I'm massively excited about it because it looks like it will be a ton of fun! Today is the official Sign-Up date (it starts on the 23rd March), and both blogs have given all participants a series of questions to answer as a way of introducing ourselves, so here goes!

1) Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone! My name is Katrina, I run this blog: Chased By My Imagination. I've had it for a little over a year now and have loved every moment of it. It is pretty much solely dedicated to books, though I do write about other things from time to time. When I'm not reading, I'll be working (I have a full-time job), spending time with my lovely boyfriend Mat, singing, playing video games, watching TV or browsing the internet.

2) Why did you choose to join the Readathon?

Why, because Olivia invited me of course! I have quite a lot going on this month, but it looked like so much fun that I couldn't resist. There's a ton of games and challenges to come with this one and I love that it focuses on specific books as well as allowing people to read whatever they like. Flexible challenges make Katrina a happy bunny!

3) What books do you intend to read? What's your reading goal and how many pages do you actually think you can manage?

My reading schedule is not hugely strict so I might actually be partly through a book by the time the challenge actually starts, but I intend to read 'Cress' by Marissa Meyer most certainly. It is one of the focus books that I talked about and I had planned on getting to it this month anyway, so it works out perfectly! I have a couple of other reads that I'd like to get to as well, and I'm going to set myself a goal of two books for this challenge, though hopefully I'll manage more!

4) What is your current favourite Fantasy read?

Don't make me choose!!!!! I can never just pick one. Uhhhh okay I'll say 'The Snow Child' because I think that's the book that has stuck with me most and will appeal to the widest range of people. A couple of my other favourites might be a little too dark for the tastes of others.

5) What is your least favourite Fantasy read of all time?

Ooh this is tricky. I could actually put a few here but despite the huge temptation to start waffling on about how much I didn't like the 'Twilight' series (especially 'Breaking Dawn'), I think I'll go with Nicola Mar's 'A Red Tale' because the plot was difficult to follow, characters would not only irritate me but literally contradict their own opinions before my very eyes, and at times the writing felt very unedited.

6) Which Fantasy book are you dying to read?

Well obviously 'Cress' because 'The Lunar Chronicles' series is totally blowing me away so far, but I would also say I'm dying to get onto the next 'A song Of Ice And Fire' book, 'A Storm Of Swords: Blood & Gold' by George R.R. Martin and 'Fire Study' by Maria V. Snyder. Basically there's an absolute ton of Fantasy series that I need to get through!

7) Which Fantasy book would you like to star in?

Oh my goodness! You know, I already partly do star in a Fantasy book because there is a character called Katrina in Christopher Paolini's 'Inheritance' Quadrilogy and she is awesome! I would also love to be a character in any of Tamora Pierce's books set in Tortall as I love the characters there and want them all to be my best friend. The 'A Song Of Ice & Fire' series would be cool to be in too, though if I was starring in it I would no doubt at some point suffer some horrific death, so perhaps not.

8) Suggest three books for other Readathon participants that you think are worth powering through during the Readathon.

Well as it's one of the selected picks I will most certainly say 'The Lunar Chronicles'. It's basically one of the best book series ever and definitely one you can power through. And it consists of three books! Outside of the chosen picks however, I'll suggest 'Poison Study' by Maria V. Snyder because Yelena and Valek are one of the greatest power couples of all time, 'Stolen Songbird' by Danielle L. Jensen because of it's very original take on trolls and the hilarious sarcastic banter between Cecile and Tristan, and 'The Tale Of Raw Head & Bloody Bones' if you are a fan of something a little more twisted and dark that is a stand-alone rather than part of a series.

9) If you could choose any Fantasy book character to be chained to you during the Readathon, whom would you pick and why?

It would most certainly have to be Tyrion Lannister. He's witty and intelligent, and I'm sure the time would pass very quickly with him around. He could use his endless supply of gold to make sure we were both comfortable too. the most important thing however is that he's so into reading that he would probably join in too and be full of really interesting book recommendations! He's an obvious choice!

10) Invite a friend and pester them to join this link-up!

No pestering needs to be involved here, but I'll certainly tag my probably very busy sister Beverley (My Senses Come To Life) as I know she's working her way through the Harry Potter books, and my good friend who frequently comments on my posts, Val (The Innocent Smiley). 

No comments:

Post a Comment