Monday 25 August 2014

Last Week's Shenanigans: Catching a cold!

I was pretty productive, certainly for the first part, of this week! Unfortunately about halfway through I caught a horrendous cold which scuppered a lot of things. Still, all in all, not a bad week.

Monday 18th: Not a huge amount really happened today. I continued reading Ben Aaronovitch's 'Rivers Of London' and it was at this point that I really began to get into it. I read a lot on the train to and from Canterbury, as I had work today! Work was pretty interesting to begin with because I wrote down the wrong shift time so ended up being late. Oops! Still, it ended up being a pretty average day in the end with not a lot else going on.

Tuesday 19th: I had a very busy day (contrasting to the less interesting happenings of the day before) today. In the morning I wrote my Top Ten Tuesday post (I adore taking part in this meme every week, so much fun!) but spent the rest of the morning smartening up for my trip to London. I made my way to Charing Cross, and then Tottenham Court Road, to have a meeting with the Clarks Store Manager there. It was more of an informal chat really, and we agreed to a full-time contract with Mondays and Sundays off. It was such a weight off my mind to finally have my transfer sorted, I'm so glad! I also saw Mat in the evening and got to spend a little time with him. I did also complete 'Rivers Of London', as I had a lot of reading time on the train!

Wednesday 20th: Back to work again today! As it's the Back To School period, Clarks is ultra busy meaning that my shifts are going to increase. A lot. I found out that my references regarding the new Flat have all been received and so it's looking more and more real that I'll be moving to London incredibly soon. Eek! After my not as exciting shift at work, I went to stay at Mat's in the evening as I needed him to drop me off at work the next day. When I got to his he made me a cup of tea and I typed up a post ready for the next day. I made a very small start on 'Doll Bones' by Holly Black, my next read! Unfortunately it was here that I started feeling rough and poor Mat ended up not getting a lot of sleep and looking after me instead!

Thursday 21st: Having slept a total of two or so hours the night before, it stands to reason I woke up feeling pretty terrible. Nevertheless, I soldiered on and went into work feeling fairly dreadful. Luckily when I got there, I wasn't put on the Kids Department (it can get pretty hectic and my head was pounding) and in the end they let me go half an hour early because my health decreased as the day went on. Mum picked me up from the station and I spent the rest of my day trying (and failing) to catch up on sleep and finishing 'Doll Bones'.

Friday 22nd: Unfortunately I felt no better today. In fact, I felt a lot worse. Again, I hadn't slept all through the night so I literally spent the entire day feeling sorry for myself. Luckily I didn't have work that day so I could relax. At my perkier moments (i.e. when the medicine kicked in) I played cards and Monopoly with my sister and her friend, but I spent most of the time napping in my room and not doing a lot else. It completely ruined my reading schedule as I was far too ill to concentrate on a book.

Saturday 23rd: Now I was meant to be in work on Saturday, but I still felt pretty rough so I ended up calling in sick. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I never do that so I really felt pretty bad. Unfortunately, I still didn't get any reading done today! Mat came over in the evening for an hour or so to check up on me and we watched the new Doctor Who episode. My highlight of the day was probably watching Markiplier's Charity Livestream on Twitch (he's a gaming Youtuber for those who are interested). He raised a lot of money for the ALS Foundation with his friends Bob and Wade and I even got a retweet! It sent my Twitter mad and broke the internet for a bit, but it was totally worth it!

Sunday 24th: Today I felt so much better. I could have leapt for joy that I was finally feeling healthy again, and on a day off too so it meant I could fully recover! In terms of being productive, I truthfully wasn't all that much and probably should have read more than I ended up doing (I am so behind with this book and it is rather long). I vow to be better from now on! Instead, I watched Divergent with my Dad, borrowed from my sister. We both actually really enjoyed it and I would be interested to see where they go from there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment