Sunday 2 March 2014

January/February Wrap-Up Post

Okay so this should probably have been done a couple of days ago, before my March Planned Reads post. This post will serve as my '2014 "Real" Book Challenge' Wrap-Up too, so I've included the button. Here is a quick recap of the books I have managed to read over January and February, as I started the challenge late and didn't do a January Wrap-Up post (I only read one in January anyway, I didn't start the blog until the end of that month).

  1. 'The Tale Of Raw Head & Bloody Bones'; Jack Wolf: My only January read which I thoroughly enjoyed. Nice plot, great characters, researched setting, I loved it! 5/5 stars.
  2. 'Cloud Atlas'; David Mitchell: My first February read, I'd been wanting to get through this book for ages and I finally did it. It had everything going for it, but a slightly confusing (though clever) layout. 4/5 stars.
  3. 'It'; Stephen King: This took up most of my reading time, being a long book. I liked it, but wasn't as impressed as I had hoped to be. 3/5 stars.
  4. 'If On A Winter's Night A Traveller'; Italo Calvino: By far the most frustrating book I've read so far. It started off quite well and then just fell flat. 2.5/5 stars.
  5. 'Pure'; Andrew Miller: This was such a good read, a lovely piece of historical fiction. Quickly became my favourite February read. Sequel please? 5/5 stars.
  6. 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'; Stephen Chbosky: I enjoyed this book, it was brave in it's confrontation of big issues. It was a bit of a slow starter though. 4/5 stars.
So, 6 books so far! Not overly impressive for 2 months worth. But I'm working on it, I'm a little out of practice with reading thanks to a busy period that is still ongoing. I've got major assignments coming up at Uni, but hopefully March will still be a better book turnout. I've set myself a target of 35 books for this challenge and I'm still currently ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment