Wednesday 2 April 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 02/04/2014: My first review request?

What an exhausting day it has been, I can barely keep my eyes open! Firstly, I didn't end up going into Uni today. Instead I went for an impromptu visit to Mat's because it's the Easter Holidays and I can. Then afterwards, I had work. Never has a shift felt so long in my life, there was a lot to do and by the end of it, I was knackered! Then it was back to Mat's to hand the car over, before finally returning home this evening. I have ended up having a really good evening though, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I found the 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' soundtrack on Youtube and I've been listening to it a lot and it has made me happy. I'm such a geek I know, but Film Scores will always be my favourite thing to listen to, especially when I need some downtime! Mat went to see the film for the second time tonight and I was having withdrawal symptoms! 

Secondly, and perhaps this is the most exciting news of all, I received an email on Goodreads from an Author named Betsy Cook Speer. She wanted to know if I would like to receive a copy of her book 'Demolition Queen - Champagne, Murder & Chaos' for review. Having looked into it, it seems like a really good read! The cover art and title are certainly intriguing! This is a big thing for me actually because although I have reviewed complimentary books before, they were won rather than offered. It is the first time that an Author has actually approached me about a review and I am very excited!

And that really makes up my news, which has put me in an astoundingly good mood. I'm doing good with 'Tithe', review should be up tomorrow or Friday depending on the time I get to finish it. I'll be with Mat for a lot of tomorrow (I'm staying at his), but I will need to post my 'Life Of A Blogger' post, and who knows, we may even go to the Cinema or something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment