Monday 7 April 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 07/04/2014: A good day at work?

I was a bit baffled by how much I enjoyed today, considering that it was a Monday full of pretty much nothing but work! But yes, I had a nice, if a bit tiring, day today and I got a surprising amount done. Thank goodness for the train, and the extra reading time that it provides! I finished 'The Invention Of Wings'. It is such a beautiful book and I loved it. A lot. It carries a powerful message about humanity, and it is sensitive and shocking all in one. But I'll stop raving, you'll have to read the review I posted a couple of hours ago if you want to know more of my thoughts on that!

My day really started out at Uni with my friend, and we got a fair amount done which was good. I'll be going in again tomorrow and Wednesday, but other than the fact that I was working on my ever looming Multimedia project, there really isn't much to say. From Uni it was straight to work, and like I said, I was surprised by how good a day I actually had. The shift did go ridiculously quickly, so that's probably why I'm smiling so much. Normally my shifts drag. A lot.

A pretty average day today, so I'll also mention that my next read is 'Demolition Queen: Champagne, Chaos & Murder' by Betsy Cook Speer. Yes, that is the book that was sent to me that I was massively excited about reading the other day. I can't wait to get into it! As mentioned yesterday, after that will be John Green's 'The Fault In Our Stars'. Bev (my sister) is itching to talk about it and keeps having to stop herself from spoiling it, so I shall read it sooner rather than later! I can't wait! Tomorrow is 'Top Ten Tuesday' day and I am excited about posting my list and reading others, as usual, so hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment