Well readers, here we are again! This marks the second time I've been nominated for this award, this time by the lovely Lois at You, Me And A Cup Of Tea. Rather than nominating (as I have already done it before) I'll just be writing 11 facts about myself and answering the 11 questions that Lois has written!
11 Facts About Me:
1) I work at Clarks (the shoe shop) in Canterbury, and I just got home from a shift there!
2) My favourite animal is a fox, though generally I'm a huge animal fan.
3) I have a Fiat Punto which I share with Mat (my boyfriend). We have affectionately nicknamed it Phoebe.
4) I walk round with a constant internal soundtrack in my head. It keeps me sane.
5) My phone is a Samsung S3 Mini. Not sure why I included that one actually, maybe because it's right here next to me?
6) I've never read a single comic, but I'm obsessed with superheroes, particularly the Marvel Universe (I have a bit of a soft spot for DC's Batman too).
7) I have never been to Disneyland. This upsets me greatly.
8) Right now, I'm really craving Galaxy Cookie Crumble. I don't have any, it's most upsetting!
9) I love to sing, and really wanted to star in a West End Musical for quite a portion of my life.
10) I'm going to see McBusted (McFly & Busted) at the end of the month! I'm so excited because they were two of my favourite bands as child/teenager!
11) My birthday is just over a month away (May 13th) and I'm really excited!
11 Questions From Lois:
1) Who is your favourite author?
Wow now this is tough! Well let's see, I guess I simply need to say Tamora Pierce because I have read most of her books and haven't disliked a single one! I'm also a huge fan of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series (duh!), Patrick Rothfuss and Christopher Paolini among others. But Pierce is my favourite.
2) What is your favourite book?
Again, a lot could go here. But the one that immediately springs to mind is Markus Zusak's 'The Book Thief'. I just adore this book so much! Also, 'Pride And Prejudice' by Jane Austen is a wonderful book!
3) Why did you start blogging?
Because I love to write. And because I love books. I really want to write my own one day, to be an author is my career aspiration. But until that day comes, I would love to make blogging a full-time thing. I love it!
4) What is your favourite TV show?
Wow! Okay there used to be a really cool TV show on called 'Hustle' which I adored. Then my current favourites include 'The Big Bang Theory', 'Doctor Who' and 'Sherlock'! All very different, but all ones that I love.
5) What is your favourite movie?
Tricky! I've always loved 'Moulin Rouge', I have watched that movie an insane amount of times. I love superhero movies too, the Marvel ones being my absolute favourite! And I'm a bit of a Disney/Animated Movie obsessive: My Disney favourites are 'Mulan', 'Beauty And The Beast' and 'The Lion King'. I'm also a huge fan of 'Brave' and 'Anastasia' as animated films. Also I can't not mention Studio Ghibli. 'My Neighbour Totoro', 'Spirited Away', 'Howl's Moving Castle' and 'Princess Mononoke' are notable favourites of mine. To be honest, I'm a bit of a film freak and could go on all day, so I'll just stop here!
6) What is your current school status?
Well I am out of school know and in my final year at University before facing the big, wide world. I have enjoyed education, I love learning new things, but I don't think I could face anymore student stresses for a little while.
7) Peanut butter or nutella?
Nutella, every time. I'm a chocoholic. When I was younger, I used to live for having the two mixed together, it was my favourite sandwich filling. I used to have it so much though that the thought of it now makes me feel a bit queasy. Peanut butter and strawberry jam is good though!
8) If you could go on your dream vacation and money was no object, where would you go?
What a good question! I would love to travel around America and see everything. And I mean everything. Money is no object, right? More than that though, I have always wanted to go to Japan. It has been a dream of mine since early teens, and has never left me. So I guess there!
9) If you could read a book for the first time again, what would it be and why?
What a good question! I guess it would have to be Zusak's 'The Book Thief'. I just love that novel and would never pass up the chance to start over and fall in love with it all over again.
10) What is your favourite book to movie adaption?
The 'Harry Potter' movies probably, I think they're fantastic! No wait, I've just thought of a better one. I thought that the book to movie adaption of 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' was mind-blowing. To be honest though, for someone that calls themselves a book lover, I'm a bit naughty. Because I'm a film lover. This means that films that I adore, such as 'The Hunger Games' movies, 'The Lovely Bones', 'A Long Way Down', (among many others), I haven't actually read the books for. Therefore, in my mind, they can't really count towards this category!
11) Do you like tea?
Do I like tea? Do I like tea?! I live for tea!!! It is literally my favourite thing to drink and I have been known to have over five cups in one day, just pretty much one after the other before. It stops me stressing out and relaxes me so much that I don't think I'll ever stop drinking it. In fact, I'm drinking a cup of tea now! I love having it with biscuits too, delicious!
Thank you so much Lois for the fun questions to answer, and the nomination. I really appreciate it and am glad you thought of my humble little blog! It made me beam when you said you enjoyed reading!