Tuesday 6 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces Of Art'


This is such a great idea for a topic, I'll get straight into this one! Most of these books I haven't read, I just really love the covers for them!



1) The Snow Spider Trilogy; Jenny Nimmo. I think this was the first ever cover art that really made me take notice of how books looked when I was younger. To this day I find it so beautiful, and I don't even like spiders! Of course it had to be on here!
2) The Hobbit; J.R.R.Tolkien. After watching the first film, I really wanted to get this book. I saw it everywhere, and with many different cover designs, but this one really caught my eye! I just love the way it's drawn and the slightly darker colour scheme. Beautiful!
3) Fearless; Tim Lott. I saw this book a while back and the first thing that caught my attention about it was the cover. It intrigued me a lot and actually creeped me out a bit, which I like. It made me really wonder about the story-line and I love it when cover art has the power to do that!
4) The Treeman; Kaye Vincent. I have not read this book, but just look at that gorgeous cover design. I'm a big fan of illustration on book covers rather than photos and this one did it for me. The colour scheme is great, it makes it feel really magical, and I love the simplicity of it!
5) Stolen Songbird; Danielle L. Jensen. I have seen this book all over the blogosphere but the first thing that caught my eye was how gorgeous the cover art was! That green dress is beautiful (green is my favourite colour) and I really like this one!


6) Divergent; Veronica Roth. I've seen many covers for Veronica Roth's 'Divergent' but this is the one I own and I have to say, I think it's my favourite. That is such a gorgeous purple and I like the way the silhouette's are infused with the patterns. Great job! 
7) The Chaos Of Stars; Kiersten White. I think the gold and blue go so nicely together in this one and I love the way it has been designed. Normally on covers fonts don't have too much of an influence for me but look at how gorgeous this font is! It know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but that is really difficult to abide by when they look like this!
8) The Year Of The Ladybird; Graham Joyce. I love it when authors run along a similar theme for all of their books (not just within a series) and Graham Joyce is one such author that does this! This particular cover I think is my favourite, the colours are gorgeous!
9) Shiver; Maggie Stiefvater. This particular cover has always stuck out to me (alongside it's sequels, which are really similar in their own theme). In fact I'm a big fan of most covers that are found on Maggie Stiefvater books. I should really get round to reading something by her, shouldn't I?
10) Feather Bound; Sarah Raughley. This is just beautiful. I love birds on book covers for some odd reason and I think this is a fantastic example of why they work on so many levels! The mix of photograph and illustration is just lovely here and I want to read this book so badly!

To be honest I could probably have come up with a 'Top Hundred' picks if I'd wanted to, cover art is just something I love to admire. I can't wait to see what everyone else has picked, there should be some interesting ones! Next week's topic will be 'Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't'. Okay, that's going to be tough!


No comments:

Post a Comment