Thursday 15 May 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 15/05/2014: 'Godzilla'.

I've had quite a busy day today but I'll try to keep this fairly brief as I'm knackered! I started off the day writing my 'Life Of A Blogger' post and drafting the answers to my 'Book Blogger Test' questions (I had to wait to get the picture, which is why the post ended up going up so late). Imogen, the friend that was coming over today, arrived not long after and I spent a lovely few hours with her talking about my Multimedia Project as well as catching up and playing games. It was a lot of fun and really good to see her again after such a long time! After Imogen had gone, Mat came over with the car and we made our way to the cinema to watch 'Godzilla' this evening!

I'll write a little something about the film. I wasn't expecting it to be all that good, but as far as remakes go, I was pretty taken aback by how much I actually enjoyed it. They made Godzilla look pretty cool, the use of Modern CGI effects for this one were well placed and I really like his new look. I also really liked the story-line as well. I watched the original film a very long time ago and don't remember much about it but I would be interested to see how the two compared. This felt very modern and pretty realistic, though I wasn't totally blown away and something about the end reaction felt a little off to me. I did enjoy the focus on other things, namely family, in this one. It turned the film into something more than just a disaster film. Also, Alexandre Desplat's score was gorgeous. Some really nice moments in there!

All in all, I've had a nice, relaxing day! Tomorrow I'm back to Uni to work on my Project a bit more (it's my final Uni assignment) and I'll get some more reading done. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment