Monday 12 May 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 12/05/2014: The 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' premiere!

It's the day before my birthday and it has been such a good one! We got up this morning and quickly got ready for the Premiere which was due to start in the evening, but we knew it would be better to get there earlier. When we arrived (about half 12ish) there were already so many people there, most of them dressed up in some rather impressive looking costumes! They were being judged for a competition and seeing as there were no barriers in place at this point, we decided to go and get something to eat, then do a spot of shopping. I had some lovely pasta and we went to a cute shop in the London Trocadero, 'TokyoToys', where Mat bought me an Eevee and a Totoro as early birthday presents! Speaking of early birthday presents, he also presented me with a Thorntons Chocolate Egg this morning which made me very happy.

One thing we didn't know about the premiere however was that in order to get a good spot, you had to be there when they were handing out wristbands at whatever time that was. Without wristbands, we were given a space where the stage and screens could be seen well, but no chance of any stars being able to come over and sign or talk. Nevertheless, we still had a lot of fun! The stars in attendance, for those interested, were Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Patrick Stewart, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy. It was really interesting listening to them talk to Johnathan Ross about upcoming projects and the film itself, and there was even a special appearance from Dynamo! I'm really glad I got to go and if I decide to go to another premiere in the future, I'll be sure to get a wristband next time!

I watched another couple of episodes of 'Game Of Thrones' this evening. It's getting pretty intense now and I'm just getting this awful feeling that my favourite characters will die while the ones I don't like will live on to cause more trouble. I shall have to wait and see! It's been such a good day and I look forward to seeing what my birthday has in store for me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment